Beach Buggy Racing 2: Island Adventure, an action-packed kart racing game developed by Vector Unit, will launch on the Nintendo Switch eShop next week.
With all the kart racing elements you’d expect, like split-screen racing, multi-event championships, skill-based modes, and more, this new entry appears to be a bigger, bolder sequel to the one from 2017. Beach buggy racing. We thought the original was a decent if relatively tame affair, so the team will certainly be hoping to add to the excitement this time around.
And how will they do it? Here is a list of functions:
● ADVENTURE MODE: Explore a huge interactive map as you rise through the ranks of the Beach Buggy Racing League.
● JUMP AND PLAY: Collect trophies in multi-event championships and tons of individual quick events such as Race, Drift Attack, Fireworks Clash and more.
● GAME CREATION: Customize your own ridiculous game rules and save them for crazy battles with friends.
● WEEKLY TOURNAMENTS – Compete with players from around the world in ranking tournaments with unique and personalized contests.
● EMOTIONAL RACING TRACK: Discover Egyptian pyramids, creepy caves, pirate shipwrecks, and experimental alien biological labs – 23 unique worlds, each packed with secrets and shortcuts.
● PACK YOUR GARAGE: Collect and customize over 40 unique cars, including SUVs, moon vehicles, race cars, and of course… beach buggies!
● BUILD YOUR TEAM: Recruit a team of 14 drivers, skeletons, robots, aliens … each with their own strategy and special ability.
● POWERUPS GALORE: Master 44 individual power-ups including Donut Tires, Tesla Coil, Ball’n’Chain, and Dodgeball Fury.
The game promises to explore a mysterious island full of “ancient temples, dragon infested castles and post-apocalyptic ice cream stands,” and you can unlock all kinds of crazy vehicles along the way.
Beach Buggy Racing 2: Island Adventure launches March 17 if you fancy trying it; You’ll find it in the eShop for $ 19.99.